Tax Credits

It is now in the Union Master Agreement that all performers be prepared to supply the paperwork required for productions to file for BC tax credits.

TAX INFORMATION: Productions require that all people working on set bring proof that they are a BC resident. The shows get a tax credit back (money) from the BC government for hiring people who live in BC. This is important information for the accounting departments.

You will need: A photocopy ($ amounts blacked out) of last years Notice of Assessment and/or these three items:

A photocopy of a piece of BRITISH COLUMBIA IDENTIFICATION (not your passport or school card has to be government issued, DL/BCID) and A photocopy of two bills (rental agreement, cell phone bill, home phone bill, utility bill, property assessment, for example)

**If you are here on a Working Visa, you will also need to provide photocopies of your work permit and SIN paperwork every time you work.**

Have copies ready to go. Make sure they are clear and legible.

Minors under the age of 19 must bring a photocopy of their parents Notice of Assessment.

To Obtain a copy of your Notice Of Assessment by phone:

Individual income tax: 1-800-959-8281

or please click here to find out how to get a copy.